[Last updated 29 November 2018]
We endeavour to comply with Australian privacy legislation where it applies to us, including by adopting practices, procedures and systems to ensure that we comply with applicable legislation.
- “account” means a membership account created when a person provides the required details to create a profile;;
- “member” means a person who has created an Account;
- “we”, “us” and “our” means AustamilMatrimony (ABN 19376025212);
- “you” and “your” means you as the user of this website, as a Member, or an individual about whom we collect personal information;
Kinds of personal information we collect
On our website, we may collect the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your identity, such as your name;
- your contact details, such as your email address or telephone number;
- information about your devices, such as the make, model, operating system, IP address, and internet browser;
- your location (if location services are enabled on your device); and
- other personal information provided as part of a website form, enquiry or other communication with us.
If you become a Member or set up a profile on your Account, we may collect the following additional personal information:
- your date or year of birth;
- your sex;
- your photograph or image; and
- your marriage partner preferences.
We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information on our website. However, if you become a Member or set up a profile on your Account, we may collect sensitive information about your religious affiliation and racial or ethnic origin.
Providing personal information about third parties
If you provide personal information about third parties to us, for example by becoming a Member on behalf of a third party or setting up a profile on your Account for a third party:
- you must obtain the consent of that individual before providing their personal information to us; and
How we collect and store personal information
We may collect personal information through use of the following methods:
- direct contact with us, such as email, telephone or other communication;
- submission of a website form or enquiry containing personal information;
- submission of personal information when creating or updating a profile within an Account; and
- website analytics technologies, such as cookies.
Personal information may also be indirectly collected from a third party if they provide it to us.
The personal information we collect is stored in a secure data centre maintained by our service providers and your connection to our website is encrypted via the HTTPS protocol. We have also engaged third party service providers to provide security monitoring and routine testing of our website.
If you become a Member, personal information provided in connection with the Account will be deleted upon cancellation of your Account.
We may retain personal information to the extent necessary to comply with legal or taxation requirements.
We may retain de-identified, aggregated personal information for the purpose of analytics and to improve the services we offer.
Purposes for which personal information is collected, used and disclosed
We store and use the personal information collected for the following purposes:
- to provide you and other users with the services we offer on this website;
- to maintain your user experience on the website, including login sessions, user preferences and website features;
- to further develop and enhance the services we offer.
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose or provide access to personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- in the course of obtaining services from our service providers, such as information technology services, and website maintenance and development; and
- in the course of obtaining usage analytics about our website (such as through the use of Google Analytics or similar tools).
If you become a Member:
- we may also provide your personal information to other Members who are identified as a suitable match for your marriage partner preferences; and
- you may be invited to share additional personal information with a Member if they send an “expression of interest” to your profile via their Account.
We do not provide your personal contact information to other Members without your consent.
We may also disclose personal information where we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in accordance with our website Terms.
Overseas transmission of personal information.
Our website is hosted within Australia.
However, we may transmit personal information to organisations that are based overseas, including by sending electronic communications to parties who are located overseas, or where the communication is routed through an overseas service provider. We may also transmit personal information to third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, who are based overseas.
You acknowledge that overseas individuals and organisations may not be subject to Australian privacy laws.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Under Australian privacy law, you have a right to request access to, and correction of, personal information that we hold about you.
You may access, or request correction of, the personal information we hold about you in the following ways:
- if you are a Member, via your Account settings.
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time. Usually this will be within 30 days after receiving your complaint, however, we may require additional time to respond if your complaint does not include necessary information, is complex or involves archived or historical information.
If you are unsatisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be entitled to refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Enquiries or Complaints may be addressed to the following contact:
The Privacy Officer
AusLankaMatrimony (ABN 19376025212)
Postal Address: P.O.BOX 5087, Kenmore East, Qld 4069
Email: [email protected]
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please write to [email protected] and let us know what the problem is. We will respond to your concerns within 30 days.
If you are not happy with how we manage your concerns, you can contact the Australian Privacy Commission, available at http://www.oaic.gov.au.